Editorial Lead / News Writer
Vendelux (https://vendelux.com/) provides intelligence on the event marketing industry. We are seeking a News Reporter to help launch our editorial coverage of the events industry (think Digiday for event marketing). We are looking for a reporter to create original, authoritative news content for professionals doing business in the events, conferences and trade show sectors.
This is a new position and reports to Vendelux’s co-founders.
What can you bring to the team:
- A proven track record reporting, writing and editing business stories, preferably in the events or marketing industries.
- Experience writing web headlines and copy editing digital content.
- Strong perspective on news content that will be ‘must-read’ for our audience
- Can be remote and would prefer candidates based in a trade show hub (NYC, Las Vegas, Chicago, Miami etc.)
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Vendelux team to launch a new news service
- Pitch and cover breaking news in the events sector while developing longer trends pieces
- Position Vendelux as the go-to resource for events professionals
- Identify key industry storylines around the return and value of in-person events
This is a freelance role with potential to go full-time. To apply, please send a brief cover letter, your rates and sample news article links to: [email protected].
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above and we are open to great writers from non-traditional backgrounds.